Thursday 5 November 2009

वोंदेर्फुल NHS

We have all read terrible reports about NHS hospitals. I was in hospital yesterday having an operation. I must say other than germs that I cannot see with my naked eye the service was second to none.

We were in the women's health section and four of us went in at the same time. the sisterhood that was created by our similar fate was amazing. We changed into or ghastly hospital gowns as we waited in the production line.

Thumbs up to immigrant nurses and doctors who were looking after us. They know the anxiety that patience have when going for procedures and they treated us like queens.

My appointment was for 12.30 pm and by 12.40 I was on my operation bed listening to the anaesthetist's small talk to try and make me feel at ease before he sent me to lala land.

When I woke up it recovery room I was greeted the the nurses smile and wheeled back to the ward where I found that my husband was already waiting because they had phoned him.

After the 30 minutes compulsory rest I was given a compulsory cup of tea which is served with a biscuit of toast so that you take your tablets before you are safely dispatched home.

I will not believe a word against the hard working men and women in NHS before evidence is put in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment